Saturday, February 12, 2011

Micah prayer



It started with a trip to Walmart, as many of my stories do. Micah and I were going to get some flowers to put on Kathy’s grave for Valentine’s Day. If you have ever had a chance to go with Micah to the store, you know that everyone around him hears what he is looking for. So here I am walking through Walmart with an almost three year old how is talking in his loader than normal voice saying, “Hey Daddy, I want yellow and pink flowers for Mom’s grave.” Two notes here, 1. If you want to get people to look at you in Walmart, this is the way, 2. Walmart doesn’t sell any combinations of pink and yellow flowers. So after a little debate we went with pink, purple, and white.


On the way to the grave we talked about Kathy and Micah said she could be my Valentine too. Ok, sorry I forgot to put the warning in the beginning of this post. It is probably because it has been soooo long since my last. So, if you need to stop here and get tissues, or just end it, I understand. For those brave (or sadistic) people who continue, just remember; I warned you!


So we get to the grave and Micah does his usual checking everyone’s numbers (birth and death dates) and we go over who is where. So before we leave I tell him that if he wants to talk to his mommy he can do it here.


So he looks up into the sky and says “Hey Mommy, whatcha doin’? You blowing bubbles?” I get him ready to leave and put him in his car seat and go to shut the door and he starts yelling No, Daddy, No.” I ask him what is the matter and he tells me he has one more thing to tell Mommy. So I leave the door open and he yells out the car “Oh, hey Mommy, Daddy misses you. Ok, bye bye.”


On the way back home we talk about how he can talk to Mommy whenever he wants, just like you can talk to God whenever you want. Then my almost three year old son says one of the most spiritual things I have ever heard. He says “Hey God, whatcha you what me to do before I go to heaven? Ok, bye bye.” I think that prayer is the most powerful I have ever heard.


So as Valentines approaches, just remember that you can’t really love someone unless you love God first. Treasure you loved ones because you are treasured by God. Happy Valentine’s Day.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still need the warning. Every single time. This has been on my mind so much lately. We love you. You've got an amazing kid.

Again, ALWAYS with the warning. :)

Unknown said...

Children are so pure of heart, we learn a lot through them. Happy Valentine's to you both. Wanita

Outsource said...

Nice presentation, Well Documented with specifics. The art of contemporary writing is present in your blog. Good choice of words.
A Good Blog

householder yoga said...

I found your blog through random clicking and have been crying as I read through every post you've put up. My heart is heavy for your loss and lightens up as I hear the love you have for your son and late wife.

I have a two year old son, and a twelve year old son. Thank you for reminding me to cherish the moments. Thank you for writing about your life.

householder yoga said...

I found your blog through random clicking and have been crying as I read through every post you've put up. My heart is heavy for your loss and lightens up as I hear the love you have for your son and late wife.

I have a two year old son, and a twelve year old son. Thank you for reminding me to cherish the moments. Thank you for writing about your life.

Unknown said...

Mind blowing.Your kid are nice and happy valentine. Visit us to
Workout Plan & Healthy Eating

Gold Entertainment