Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Kathy

Today would have been Kathy’s 28th birthday. I know what you are thinking, “Grab the tissues. Nathan’s trying to make us cry again.” That is not my plan this time. This is a celebratory post. This post is so that we can always remember the incredible and loving woman Kathy was.

She was really amazing. Her heart was much larger then it probably should have been, especially for me. It was like the Dr. Seuss move about the Grinch, the part where his heart is so big it breaks the box. Some of you remember; the rest of you will have to watch it again to know what I am talking about. She may have fused and complained a little to me, but she always did whatever she could for everyone. She loved her job too. Not because of the work, but because she was able to give people something incredible, children. I was always so proud of watching her work. She worked for every family as if it was her own child she was trying to get home.

I also was so proud of her when she talked about Micah. She loved that little mess way before he ever made his appearance. We would talk for hours discussing how we were going to raise him up to be a great man. I know she is proud of the way he is growing up.

For someone who knew she could ask anything from her husband and get it, she never took advantage of theat. She was level headed, organized, and sensible. Thankfully she was able to keep me in balance. She really was an amazing person.

So today, or whenever you read this, don’t feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for anyone that never had a chance to meet her. Feel sorry for those people who never find someone as wonderful as Kathy Herrod Robison. Don’t feel sorry for me, because I was able to spend the best part of my life with someone who made me a better person.

Kathy, I love you and miss you. Micah and I are doing fine, and we will see you up there someday. Keep watching over us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise God for the hope I see in this post! Yes, I have no doubt she is proud of the way you are all raising Micah. He is one happy and bubbly little boy!